Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Mission creep at TSA

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 11:49:34 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Lin, Herb" <HLin () nas edu>
Date: November 10, 2009 9:29:30 AM EST
To: <dave () farber net>, "ip" <ip () v2 listbox com>
Subject: RE: [IP] Re: Mission creep at TSA

I don’t disagree with anything that you say below.  *I* think mission creep is a bad idea.  But when I try to argue
that it’s a bad idea to policy people who think it’s a good idea (though they never call it that), the only argument I
find effective is that it will reduce the effectiveness of carrying out their primary mission.  I’d love to have a
different argument, because my argument rarely works.

herb