Interesting People mailing list archives

Google and Meta Tags - (was: Re: VERY GOOD READING query re Google actions)

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 19:16:25 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Lauren Weinstein <lauren () vortex com>
Date: November 17, 2009 3:23:35 PM EST
To: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: Google and Meta Tags - (was: Re: [IP] VERY GOOD READING query re Google actions)

Dave,

There's no reason to speculate about this.  Matt Cutts, who is
Google's point man for such topics and a straight shooter, addressed
the meta tags issue specifically in a Google Webmaster blog entry and
video in late September:

"Google does not use the keywords meta tag in web ranking":

  http://bit.ly/2M4Pme  (Google Webmaster Central Blog)

As far as I'm concerned, if some people refuse to believe Google's
statements about this that's their problem, not Google's.

--Lauren--
Lauren Weinstein
lauren () vortex com
Tel: +1 (818) 225-2800
http://www.pfir.org/lauren
Co-Founder, PFIR
  - People For Internet Responsibility - http://www.pfir.org
Co-Founder, NNSquad
  - Network Neutrality Squad - http://www.nnsquad.org
Founder, GCTIP - Global Coalition
  for Transparent Internet Performance - http://www.gctip.org
Founder, PRIVACY Forum - http://www.vortex.com
Member, ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy
Lauren's Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com

- - -