Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Court says police can use GPS to track anyone

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 17:14:38 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Bob Schmidt <schmidt () provider com>
Date: May 12, 2009 8:50:53 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] Court says police can use GPS to track anyone

Dave, legislation would be the best way to overcome this particular GPS issue.

But in the meantime, turnabout is fair play and the answer to all of these Big Brother technology issues is always the same - we need to watch them more often than they are watching us.

The antidote to ubiquitous information collection by the government and the OBDB (one big database) is ubiquitous information collection by the citizens. We need more data on them than they have on us.

So, until that legislation is passed, put your GPS on their vehicle and watch where the police go.
Start a citizens database on the government and start populating it.
Form an army of bloggers and video teams to sit in on trials and report on what the courts are doing.

The coming flood of retired baby boomers is the most logical human resource to be employed in this endeavor.

We marched, we protested and we changed the government in our youth.
Now in our old age we will do again.

We will incite another peaceful revolution, this time with technology as our weapon of choice.

Best regards,

Bob Schmidt
Author, The Geek's Guide to Internet Business Success
Orlando, FL
Currently in Cancun Mexico
where there is not a single confirmed case of swine flu