Interesting People mailing list archives

Huawei now #2 telecom supplier in the world

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 05:59:11 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Andrew C Burnette <acb () acb net>
Date: December 2, 2009 3:53:57 AM EST
To: dave () farber net, stan () colventures com
Subject: Re: [IP] Huawei now #2 telecom supplier in the world

Dave,

for IP if you wish.

It isn't innuendo that Huawei did in fact copy cisco products down to the pdf's of the manuals for them. Huawei settled
the lawsuits and FTC actions with cisco some time ago regarding that very fact.

http://www.networkworld.com/edge/news/2004/0728huawei.html

Simply search the names and the word "copy" (or similar) and you'll readily find various pointers to the trails of
evidence.

As for selling at a loss, well, the yuan has always traded at a rough 75% discount on the US dollar in the currency
market for a long time as a matter of standing policy of China's central bank. That's another story entirely.

best regards,
Andy Burnette

Begin forwarded message: