Interesting People mailing list archives

FCC launches (first ever for FCC?) blog re National Broadband Plan

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 17:58:26 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Lauren Weinstein <lauren () vortex com>
Date: August 18, 2009 4:33:20 PM EDT
To: nnsquad () nnsquad org
Subject: [ NNSquad ] FCC launches (first ever for FCC?) blog re National Broadband Plan

FCC launches (first ever for FCC?) blog re National Broadband Plan

http://blog.broadband.gov/

Unfortunately, my gut feeling is that the "National Broadband Plan,"
despite all the pretty words, is heading fullspeed toward mediocrity
-- or worse -- that will leave most consumers still swinging in the
wind, mostly under the thumbs of the same few giant ISPs that "own"
them now.

I'm seeing increasing parallels between the failure of the Internet
marketplace in the U.S., and the disastrous U.S. healthcare system.
Both are being manipulated by a few giant players who have Congress
by the collective short hairs, and who feel "entitled" to continue
the game to their own advantage, consumers be damned.

--Lauren--
NNSquad Moderator