Interesting People mailing list archives

from FCC re broadband plan

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 14:08:28 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Blair Levin" <Blair.Levin () fcc gov>
Date: August 21, 2009 12:27:43 PM EDT
To: <dave () farber net>
Cc: "Carlos Kirjner" <Carlos.Kirjner () fcc gov>
Subject: broadband plan

Dave,

As I think you know, I am coordinating work here at the FCC on the National Broadband Plan. We are just getting going but one of the things we have to nail down is a smarter definition of broadband. We just put out a public notice asking comments on this issue. I just wanted to make sure you (and the tech community I know you are the central node in) sees it as we particularly want their help in thinking this through.

The notice can be found at:

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-09-1842A1.pdf

I am cc’ing Carlos Kirjner, who has joined us on this effort and a person who I hope you have a chance to talk with on this question. You both bring great expertise to the effort.

Many thanks and hope all is well.

Blair Levin
blair.levin () fcc gov
(202) 418-0149