Interesting People mailing list archives

UltraDNS service knocked offline by attack - Network World

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 10:10:29 -0400

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2009/033109-ultradns-service-attacked.html?netht=ts_040109&nladname=040109dailynewsamal

UltraDNS service knocked offline by attack
NeuStar confirms 'significant' denial of service attack on Tuesday morning
By Carolyn Duffy Marsan , Network World , 03/31/2009

NeuStar confirmed that some of its UltraDNS managed DNS service customers were knocked offline for several hours Tuesday morning by a distributed denial of service attack.

"Early this morning, our monitoring systems detected a significant denial of service attack, which affected a small subset of our customers, in some cases for as long as a few hours," the Reston, Va. company said in a statement. "While we continue to investigate the cause, the extent, and the duration of the attack, service was completely restored by 10 a.m. EST."

<snip>