Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: cost of 1 gig GOOD POINT

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 08:22:20 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Adam Lynch <alynch () gmail com>
Date: April 14, 2009 7:46:15 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] Re: cost of 1 gig

I'm surprised nobody is up in arms about this one, yet, but:

What about all the traffic that never goes off-net- like Akamai'd
content, and other distributed content? Customers will then be charged
for usage that *never actually leaves TW's network*?

-Adam (who lives in the affected area of Rochester, NY)