Interesting People mailing list archives

Another Voice Warns of an Innovation Slowdown - NYTimes.com

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 10:50:48 -0400

I want to add my agreement with David. I am on Samsung's Telecom Presidents advisory board (all 2 of us) so I get a rather broad view of Samsung. They have made and I suspect will continue to make a major investment in technology, in facilities and in research. I also saw several years ago NTT DoCoMo's investment in research and it too was major -- Not sure what it is now since the change of Presidents. Meanwhile BellLabs Holmdel is growing weeds in the gardens not technology or great researchers.

Dave

Begin forwarded message: