Interesting People mailing list archives

The Great Firewall of China

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 21:04:16 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Bob Frankston" <Bob19-0501 () bobf frankston com>
Date: October 26, 2008 8:57:30 PM EDT
To: <dave () farber net>
Subject: The Great Firewall of China

It’s probably obvious I was the anonymous poster asking about the GFwC. I’ve since become more comfortable with asking questions. It’s worth reading James Fallows http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/by/james_fallows for a more nuanced view of China. The Atlantic also has a good article on their firewall http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200803/chinese-firewall .

I’m now back in the US where all my credit card transactions are tracked unlike China where most transactions are cash … hmm.