Interesting People mailing list archives

House of Representatives' Web site overwhelmed

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 03:29:19 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: carl () media org
Date: October 1, 2008 12:27:04 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: House of Representatives' Web site overwhelmed

Dave -

For IP if you want to carry this load of horseshit from the House MIS staff ... I've carried larger loads on a dual-processor Tatung built in 1998.

Handling this kind of traffic is the whole reason for being of House MIS, not some act of God. I mean seriously ... "'This is unprecedented,' said Jeff Ventura, communications director for the House's chief administrator."

Carl

 House of Representatives' Web site overwhelmed - CNN.com*

Get your EMAIL THIS Browser Button and use it to email content from any Web site. Click here for more information.

*This article can also be accessed if you copy and paste the entire address below into your web browser.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/30/congress.website/index.html