Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Get out and vote

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 16:47:59 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Esther Dyson <edyson () edventure com>
Date: November 4, 2008 12:24:01 PM EST
To: "Tom Fairlie" <tfairlie () frontiernet net>, <dave () farber net>
Subject: Re: [IP] Get out and vote

HI Tom -

I'm flattered to be a woman in your dreams!  thanks for sharing....

PS - I'm a great fan of dreams... If we ever do meet, I'll tell you some of mine. One of my favorites (I can't resist), not long after 9/11, involved a plane crashing into the windows of a hotel room next to mine on 42nd Street in New York. Next scene, everyone is out in the street, milling around, looking up at the smoking hole in the side of the building. An authority figure gets up on some kind of perch and announces: "Relax everyone! Please go back inside! We have identified the perpetrator; it was not a terrorist. It was a disgruntled farmer from upstate New York."

Esther