Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: ISPs Agree to Block Access to C-Porn Web Sites and Usenet Groups

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:50:45 -0700

From: Andrew C Burnette [acb () acb net]
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 3:42 PM
To: David Farber; Lauren Weinstein
Subject: Re: [IP] ISPs Agree to Block Access to C-Porn Web Sites and Usenet Groups

Dave, Lauren,

As Tommy Lee Jones said in the movie "Men in Black"

"A person is smart, people are stupid."

somehow Miriam Webster should include that quote alongside the
definition of the term pandering.

Best regards,
andy

David Farber wrote:
Laurens comments also reflect my fears every time the Hill starts to touch the net. In the NetNeu rush to get the
Hill, as an example,  to pass laws people forget that once the politicians get the smell of the net blood, they will
feast on it and pass laws that appeal to their voters or their funders last and furiously.

Dave