Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: TSA Announces Enhancements to Airport ID Requirements

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 09:33:45 -0700

Yup!!
From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu [Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu]
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 12:21 PM
To: David Farber
Cc: ip
Subject: Re: [IP] TSA Announces Enhancements to Airport ID Requirements

On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 14:32:30 PDT, David Farber said:

Beginning Saturday, June 21, 2008 passengers that willfully refuse to
provide identification at security checkpoint will be denied access to
the secure area of airports. This change will apply exclusively to
individuals that simply refuse to provide any identification or assist
transportation security officers in ascertaining their identity.

This new procedure will not affect passengers that may have misplaced,
lost or otherwise do not have ID but are cooperative with officers.

In other words, this "security check" will only catch the ones who are
too stupid to game the system by saying "Damn, I thought I had it with me.."