Interesting People mailing list archives

Teen faces jail for hacking school computers

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 03:55:40 -0700

From: Henry Andrews [sitebuilder1 () gmail com]
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2008 1:06 AM
To: David Farber
Subject: Teen faces jail for hacking school computers

Dave why is it that Congress can justify wire tapping as a non felony?
When you see something like this show up in the news you have to
wonder. I call them creative and wrong but, life has its limits. AT&T
can break the law, so can the President and Vice President but kids?

Live from Los Angeles - It sounds like the kind of prank that any
devious and mildly criminal high school student might undertake.

But Omar Khan's attempt to hack into the computers at his southern
California high school to change his grades to A could land him with
as much as 38 years in jail after he was charged with 69 felonies,
according to the Orange Country Sheriff's Department.

In their arraignment on Thursday, County prosecutors alleged that Omar
Khan, 18, of Coto de Caza, California, and Tanvir Singh, 18, broke
into Tesoro High School in Las Flores to steal tests and change their
own and others' grades on the school computer network.

California. Hmmm is that where they let off OJ? Robert Blake? Where
Celebs only go to jail for a day?  The President of the United States
does not have the power to commit a Felony anymore than these kids do
-- So why are Bush and the Telco's special. Makes me sick.

Khan was arrested Monday and released on $50 000 bail, while Singh was
released on his own recognisance. $50,000 Bail? Time to move to Iraq
on a Government Grant so I can get better health care, better schools
for my kids and a hummer. People should be screaming about this. Fox,
CNN all the News outlets and not a word.

Thanks.