Interesting People mailing list archives

Is Canada the Test Case for Replacing the Free Internet with a Cable System?

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 17:56:34 -0700

From: Clint Tseng [clint () dontexplain com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2008 7:53 PM
To: David Farber
Subject: Is Canada the Test Case for Replacing the Free Internet with a Cable System?

While I agree that this seems far-fetched, and while I disagree with the assertion that the change will be pushed
through with little fanfare, this is definitely not the first I have seen of this story.  Just under a couple of months
ago on Digg, a similar story bubbled to the top and exploded in popularity with 12k+ diggs
(http://digg.com/tech_news/2012_The_Year_The_Internet_Ends).

The article it linked to is at http://ipower.ning.com/netneutrality2.  I am not sure if the Information Clearinghouse
editor got his information from this or another source, but this site certainly makes unsourced claims to have
confirmation from Bell Canada and TELUS employees.

Regards,
-Clint Tseng