Interesting People mailing list archives

Hard to disagree djf DPI and my testimony to Congress today

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 16:49:52 -0700

From: Tony Lauck [tlauck () madriver com]
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2008 7:36 PM
To: David Farber
Subject: Re: [IP] DPI and my testimony to Congress today

What the market dictates or what the law permits are not to be confused
with what is right or just.  Those of us who want to stop deep packet
inspection do so because we know it is wrong. No professor of business
or law is going to convince us otherwise.

We differ in what we believe will be the most effective means to stop
DPI. Some advocate educating consumers to affect market demand. Others
recommend legislation. Others place more faith in encryption. This makes
for interesting as well as useful discussion.

Tony Lauck
https://www.aglauck.com