Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: An interesting question for IP?

From: "David Farber" <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 02:12:42 -0500

From: Synthesis:Law and Technology Law and Technology
[mailto:synthesis.law.and.technology () gmail com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 9:14 PM
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] An interesting question for IP?

Dave,

I think a good rationale for not going down the 'why arent we colonizing
everything?' road is the short-term very high impact it would have on our
environment.  Building and sending rockets into space is not at a very
fuel-efficient stage in the life cycle.  As for why bother doing anything?
Well my take is we all need to breathe air and drink water so cleaning up
emissions and pollution is good for us short-term.  Why depend on a theory
of global warming to take action about somethign that may or may not happen
(like sea levels rising 7m) when emphysema will kill us more easily?