Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: The politics of an economic nightmare

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 00:33:46 -0800

From: Jonathan Goldstein [jonathan.goldstein () gmail com] On Behalf Of jonathan () pobox com [jonathan () pobox com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 5:28 PM
To: David Farber
Subject: Re: [IP] The politics of an economic nightmare

Dave,

I'm not going to dispute or agree with any of Mr. Peterson's analysis.  I am however curious why it turned into a rant
against the Bush administration.

The Fed governors are appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate.

Also, under the Constitution, all spending bills originate in the House.   The federal goverment doesn't spend any
money unless the House starts the process.

If there's a problem, I think it is only fair to characterize it as a joint problem of Congress and the White House.

--
Jonathan Goldstein, Esq.
c: 215-266-5948