Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: This is a tale of US expansion not Russian aggression (Guardian 14 Aug 2008)

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 10:55:53 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Ronda Hauben <ronda () panix com>
Date: August 14, 2008 10:37:19 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Cc: Ronda Hauben <ronda () panix com>
Subject: Re: This is a tale of US expansion not Russian aggression (Guardian 14 Aug 2008)

Hi Dave

Brian Randell wrote:
This is a tale of US expansion not Russian aggression (Guardian 14 Aug 2008)

This seems to be the opinion of lots of the folks online as opposed to
the story the mainstream U.S. media is telling.

See for example also:

http://vineyardsaker.blogspot.com/2008/08/real-meaning-of-south-ossetian-war.html

Also the discussion on this post is quite interesting.

I wrote a blog post about the Security Council public meeting
where the Russian Ambassador to the UN explained to the delegates
on the UN Security Council that Georgia had attacked South Ossetian.

The Georgian Ambassador to the UN was at the meeting and didn't deny
it. Yet there was little significant response from the delegates on the
Security Council to the attack that Georgia had just carried out and
basically acknowledged.

The url for my short account of this is:

http://blogs.taz.de/netizenblog/2008/08/12/the_un_security_council_and_the_georgia-russian_conflict/

It is good to see that netizens are paying attention to what is happening here not only in Georgia but also with the actions of the Security Council

There have been any number of exposes of the complicity of much of the mainstream US media in the U.S. government rush to war in Iraq based on false information. It's good to see that at least there is much attention by those online to figure out what is really going on here and to critique or discuss mainstream media misinformation.

Ronda