Interesting People mailing list archives

Economy: Americans are cutting back on their morning lattes at Starbucks.

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 00:53:08 -0700

From: Robert J. Berger [rberger () ibd com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2008 9:46 PM
To: David Farber; Dewayne Hendricks
Subject: Economy: Americans are cutting back on their morning lattes at Starbucks.

The Starbucks economy
http://www.salon.com/tech/htww/2008/04/08/starbucks_economy/index.html
Forget about the millions of foreclosures, rising unemployment, gas
and food price inflation -- you want to know how to tell the economy
is really tanking?

Americans are cutting back on their morning lattes at Starbucks.

This tidbit comes to us from Time Magazine's Justin Fox, who writes in
his "Curious Capitalist blog"* that during a visit to Time's corporate
offices on Monday, Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz said "For the first
time in our history as a company, we have negative traffic this year
vs. last."

*http://time-blog.com/curious_capitalist/2008/04/the_first_starbucks_recession.html?xid=rss-curious)

Robert J. Berger - Internet Bandwidth Development, LLC.
Voice: 408-838-8896 eFax: +1-408-490-2868
http://www.ibd.com