Interesting People mailing list archives

Happenings in the Northeast US

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 12:11:59 -0700

From: bobr () bobrosenberg phoenix az us [bobr () bobrosenberg phoenix az us]
Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2008 3:05 PM
To: David Farber
Subject: ISC:   Happenings in the Northeast US

Dave

Perhaps for I.P.

Does anyone on I.P. know what caused/how extensive the outage is in the NE US?

Bob
--
Bob Rosenberg
P.O. Box 33023

**************

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of
opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly
repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and
creates a country where everyone lives in fear."
-- President Harry S. Truman, message to Congress, August 8, 1950

 Happenings in the Northeast US
Published: 2008-04-06,
Last Updated: 2008-04-06 17:28:02 UTC
by Tony Carothers (Version: 1)
http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?storyid=4243

On a quiet weekend it may have been a bit too quiet for some users in the Northeast
US.  One reader, we shall call him ‘Joe’ for anonymity purposes, pointed out that
there may have been some serious outages of some sort in the Philadelphia area,
particularly related to one particular carrier.  I am currently asking all readers
from the region to submit their input to our Contact page if they have anything to
contribute.  Right now I am deliberately withholding all the information that ‘Joe’
submitted to see if we get more collaborating evidence.  Please, if you are in the
Northeast US, and noticed any Internet difficulties over the last 24 hours, write
in, let us know, and we’ll put everything together to try to find out what’s going
on.

Thanx much,

Tony Carothers

Handler du’jour