Interesting People mailing list archives

George Ford is getting booed and heckled -- with editorial comment

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 09:03:54 -0700

I can understand why some folks were hesitant to show up . Why is it that at the center of what should be the
reflection on the freedoms we claim to value, all too often contrary views are booed and shouted down.

There is a need for public meetings BUT there is also a need for a venue where there can we real discussions of facts
and values.  That seems to be missing or at least buried under the emotional rhetoric of all sides.

Dave