Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Steve Jobs Open Letter on iPhone Price Cuts

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 16:23:36 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: <jcholleran () verizon net>
Date: September 6, 2007 4:14:43 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] Steve Jobs Open Letter on iPhone Price Cuts

Yes! We realize the early adopters supported us by paying $200 more and we want to have the opportunity to disappoint you again by giving you $100 discount on a product that we will discount 2 months later since this works so well in our marketing tactics.

This sounds like the infamous "egress" that PT Barnum once advertised in his showplace.

Why not make the discount $200 for the future purchase ... I mean you already have their $200 now!

Jack Holleran