Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: A Service Message From FreeConference.com

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 19:32:17 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Rick W. Weingarten" <rweingarten () alawash org>
Date: March 16, 2007 6:41:08 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net, ip () v2 listbox com
Subject: RE: [IP] Re: A Service Message From FreeConference.com

Well, we (the American Library Association) use the service for our biweekly calls on E-rate policy issues. Discussions of e-rate bureaucracy have been called many things, but "sexy" is not one of a term I've heard applied to our chats. On the other hand, FCC staff members sometimes join us for at least part of the call, and I would be very interested to see the reaction were one of them to be blocked!

Rick

Fred (Rick) Weingarten
Director, Office for Information Technology Policy
American Library Association
1615 New Hampshire Ave., NW
Washington, DC  20009
(202) 628-8410