Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: How Apple orchestrated web attack on researchers

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 04:13:52 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Tilghman Lesher <tilghman () mail jeffandtilghman com>
Date: March 25, 2007 11:37:54 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] How Apple orchestrated web attack on researchers

Begin forwarded message:

From: Bob Alberti <alberti () sanction net>
Date: March 25, 2007 6:02:59 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/Ou/?p=451

"Last summer, when I wrote "Vicious orchestrated assault on MacBook
wireless researchers," it set off a long chain of heated debates and
blogs. I had hoped to release the information on who orchestrated the
vicious assault, but threats of lawsuits and a spineless company that
refused to defend itself meant I couldn't disclose the details. A lot
has
changed since then: Researcher David Maynor is no longer working for
SecureWorks, and he's finally given me permission to publish the
details."

But the Macalope decided to check. He asked Chartier if he’d ever been
contacted by Lynn Fox about this and here’s what he said via email:
        What a riot: no, I have never been contacted by Fox or
        anyone else from Apple regarding any of this stuff. In fact,
        I’m not even receiving those post-support call surveys or
        notices that my Mac warranties are about to expire and that
        AppleCare is an affordable way to stay within Apple’s graces.
Huh. Well, how about that?

http://www.macalope.com/2007/03/20/nazi-apple-supermen-are-our- superiors/

--
Tilghman