Interesting People mailing list archives

Ma Bell has spoken. !!

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 15:42:42 -0400

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2155284,00.asp?kc=EWKNLEDP070607B

AT&T spokesman Mark Siegel said it was necessary to activate the iPhone on AT&T's network to ensure optimum performance. Using the phone without AT&T's two-year service contract was unauthorized under the phone carrier's exclusive network service contract with Apple, Siegel added.

"Any other use of the device is not authorized and we can't guarantee the device will perform as intended to. We'll monitor situations like this and if necessary we will take appropriate action," he said. "Our terms and conditions are very clear."

He did not elaborate on potential action AT&T might take.

Apple spokeswoman Natalie Kerris declined to comment on Johansen's claims.