Interesting People mailing list archives

Iphone invades AT&T main customer support spiel

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 16:20:47 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Lauren Weinstein <lauren () vortex com>
Date: July 5, 2007 2:41:36 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Cc: lauren () vortex com
Subject: Iphone invades AT&T main customer support spiel

Dave,

The recorded opening spiel on the AT&T main landline service
customer support number (the one voiced by a seriously obnoxious and
ingratiating-sounding male performer -- and best bypassed by
responding "Agent" to his first two questions) is now Iphone-centric:

    "Welcome to A T & T ... If you're calling about iPhone, please
     note it is not available for purchase over the phone ... "

In other words, we're the phone company, but you can't use your phone,
to buy the phone.

Well, I thought that it was mildly amusing anyway.

--Lauren--
Lauren Weinstein
lauren () vortex com or lauren () pfir org
Tel: +1 (818) 225-2800
http://www.pfir.org/lauren
Co-Founder, PFIR
   - People For Internet Responsibility - http://www.pfir.org
Co-Founder, IOIC
   - International Open Internet Coalition - http://www.ioic.net
Founder, CIFIP
   - California Initiative For Internet Privacy - http://www.cifip.org
Founder, PRIVACY Forum - http://www.vortex.com
Member, ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy
Lauren's Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com