Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: fun - my xo laptop came today + pics

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 05:31:52 -0800

From: Simon Higgs [simon () higgs com]
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2007 1:54 AM
To: guavaberry () earthlink net; David Farber
Subject: Re: [IP] fun - my xo laptop came today + pics

Hey Karen,

I received two yesterday and have them networked together. It's been
really interesting watching children understand it in a few minutes and
the veteran net adults going "uhh... wait a minute... ummm...".

Minor issues include the wireless which won't authenticate with my
Airport Express because that's set to the highest encryption setting.
There's supposedly going to be an update to fix this.

There was an email sent out providing a link to the T-Mobile offer but
it's being flagged as a scam by some email readers. Basically, you need
your order number and email address used on your order to validate the
offer. Check your Paypal email address for this email.

I was hoping the pull string charger would be included too. Oh well.
Still, overall these laptops rock. Especially the screen folding down to
become an eReader.

Begin forwarded message: