Interesting People mailing list archives

A sign of the times

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 06:54:20 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Michael Kende <mkende () mac com>
Date: September 4, 2006 10:49:15 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: A sign of the times

For IP, if you wish.

This morning, my nearly five year old daughter was building an airport with lego. She had three lines of squares, and at one end an arch with a few squares in it. I asked what it was, and she said they were lines. I assumed it was the runway lines, but then she pointed at the arch and said "and that is where they have the people doing this" and then with her hands patted herself down like at security.

Funny but a bit sad.

Michael

PS Then she did make a runway and start playing with the planes.