Interesting People mailing list archives

more on I don't like the logic. -- Google turning search data over to Brazil court

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 18:26:15 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "A.Lizard" <alizard () ecis com>
Date: September 2, 2006 6:17:22 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: I don't like the logic. -- Google turning search data over to Brazil court

At 02:44 PM 9/2/06, you wrote:
While google is deservedly known for its innovative technology and will become known for its innovations in management, I think it's time it publically disavows it's old "Do no evil" slogan.

A company motto that excites derisive and cynical laughter from every informed person who sees it can't be considered a positive any more, and "Do no evil" is no more appropriate for google than it would be for Microsoft at this point. It probably really isn't appropriate for *any* publically traded company.

Perhaps we could come up with some ideas for a replacement motto for google.

A.Lizard