Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Comcast blocks email from The Well, citing spam

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 10:03:03 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "J. Daniel Ashton" <Daniel () AshtonFam org>
Date: September 1, 2006 7:58:46 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] Comcast blocks email from The Well, citing spam

As I wrote in my weblog a few weeks ago,
  http://daniel.ashtonfam.org/weblog/2006/08/online-gripes.html
Comcast has been blacklisting without concern for several months now.
I'm an individual running a domain as a gift to my family.  I don't have
the resources to maintain our own mail server, so we use our domain
provider (EasyDNS.com) to forward our e-mail to other mailboxes, such as
Comcast or Gmail.  Comcast has been completely unresponsive to any
requests to truly correct this situation.  Like the WELL, EasyDNS has
made numerous attempts to find a human at Comcast who can implement a
change in their blacklisting policy, and have had little success so far.

But to Comcast, e-mails forwarded from The WELL, now owned by
Salon.com, are spam. The country's largest provider of cable and
high-speed Internet added The WELL to its e-mail blacklist Sunday
afternoon, blocking e-mails from the renowned online community of
about 4,000 members.

--
Daniel Ashton      PGP key available     http://Daniel.AshtonFam.org
mailto:Daniel () AshtonFam org           http://ChamberMusicWeekend.org