Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Public radio seeks recall of FM devices used in cars

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 14:05:13 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell () joe-job com>
Date: October 28, 2006 1:30:04 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net, mattm () optonline net
Cc: ip () v2 listbox com
Subject: Re: [IP] more on Public radio seeks recall of FM devices used in cars

Begin forwarded message:

From: Matt Murray <mattm () optonline net>
Date: October 27, 2006 11:05:29 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net

I am almost spitting tacks after reading this.

So am I.

For decades J.C. Whitney, Radio Shack and other "electronic" vendors
have sold FM modulators. Now all of a sudden when satellite radio is
starting to pull listeners away from terrestrial broadcasting, does
anyone, let alone National Public Radio, actually care about it?!?

Sirius had admitted conspiring with suppliers to ignore FCC regulations,
which is blatantly anticompetitive and illegal.  I hope they get the
book thrown at them.

Lee