Interesting People mailing list archives

DAMN GOOD QUESTION Query on 'net neutrality' and IPv6

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 18:21:09 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: h_bray () globe com
Date: May 31, 2006 5:38:51 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] Query on 'net neutrality' and IPv6

Excellent question, and it cuts to the heart of my confusion about this net
neutrality issue.  I too worry about big companies exerting too much
influence over the Internet.  But for years, technologists have added
features to IP networks to enable this kind of multi-tier service, all the
while telling us that it would enable wonderful new services.  So why is
this idea now supposed to be so dangerous?

Hiawatha Bray

             David Farber
             <dave () farber net>
             05/31/2006 04:44          ip () v2 listbox com
PM cc

Subject Please respond to [IP] Query on 'net neutrality' and
              dave () farber net          IPv6

Begin forwarded message: