Interesting People mailing list archives

my talk on the Hill

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 18:55:45 -0400

On Monday. I am told that the audience will be mostly staffers. It is sponsored by the US Chamber of Commerce. They have not asked about or in any way attempted to influence what I will say. It is titled:

The Telecommunications Economy
Internet Evolution and Innovation

What effect will proposed net neutrality legislations have on the Internet economy and technology

They chose to call me A Grandfather of the Internet . I often use that term to give credit and I strongly do give all credit to my academic children who were among the fathers -- Postel, Mockapetris, Crocker, etc/ .. Also Jun Muri called me the Grandfather of the Japanese Internet.