Interesting People mailing list archives

Question re: current telco lawsuits

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 18:54:46 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Richard Forno <rforno () infowarrior org>
Date: May 14, 2006 6:47:30 PM EDT
To: Infowarrior List <infowarrior () attrition org>
Cc: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: Question re: current telco lawsuits

I know EFF, CPSR, EPIC, ACLU, and others are tracking the NSA monitoring
item and many have filed lawsuits against the telcos for supporting various
NSA programs in recent months.

Over this weekend we're seeing both individual and class action suits filed against some of the involved telcos, and at least one state public utility
commission (Maine) reportedly opening up an investigation into the
allegations.

Has anyone developed, or is anyone developing, an aggregate list of current or planned lawsuits against the telcos -- particularly class actions -- that folks can refer to and/or participate in? I've had a few folks ask about
it, but I've not come across a "master list" of such endeavors yet.

-rick
Infowarrior.org