Interesting People mailing list archives

more on 1972 ARPANET Film (was: "an amazing film...")

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 08:22:20 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Ian Peter <ian.peter () ianpeter com>
Date: March 20, 2006 1:45:48 AM EST
To: dave () farber net, ip () v2 listbox com
Subject: RE: [IP] more on 1972 ARPANET Film (was: "an amazing film...")

If you really want some prehistoric Internet history , try this!

 http://ioih.org

Which explains the history of an industrial steam driven Internet. I
particularly liked the depictation of little children called pings who were
employed to travel up and down the steam driven pipes of the Internet to
make sure they didn't rust up.(the name arising from the noise they made as
the brushes cleaned the pipes).

Don't know who did this, but I got a good laugh out of it!

Ian Peter