Interesting People mailing list archives

"Smart Dust" gets Zarqawi?

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 14:25:32 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Joe Pistritto <jcp () jcphome com>
Date: June 11, 2006 1:58:43 PM EDT
To: ip () v2 listbox com, dave () farber net
Subject: "Smart Dust" gets Zarqawi?

Sounds like RFID on steroids… Why bother with national identity cards when you’ve got this stuff?

Interesting article:

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htecm/articles/20060610.aspx

“It's also believed that Smart Dust played a role in the recent death of al Qaeda leader Abu Musab al Zarqawi.”

Highly interesting. I haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere else. It’d be interesting to see if any other press picks up on it and investigates. (I like the quote about “magic dust” that appears in the article…)

Cheers,

  -jcp-