Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Windows XP update may be classified as "spyware"

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 02:26:24 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Bob Rosenberg <bob () bobrosenberg phoenix az us>
Date: June 7, 2006 12:13:42 AM EDT
To: lauren () vortex com, dave () farber net
Subject: RE: Windows XP update may be classified as "spyware"

Lauren & Dave

If memory serves [a debateable proposition], at the time of the initial release of XP, M$ openly publicized that XP phones home on every boot.

That's a primary reason why I refuse to move beyond W2K. Of course, there is always Linux - with Win4Lin whenever I need to use Windows for some purpose.

Cordially,

Bob Rosenberg
P.O. Box 33023
Phoenix, AZ  85067-3023
LandLine:  (602)274-3012
Mobile:  (602)206-2856
bob () bobrosenberg phoenix az us

“Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one.”
                               Malcolm Forbes

Begin forwarded message: