Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Google and 'neutrality' hypocrisy

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 17:31:53 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Sean Gaffney <skatripp () gmail com>
Date: June 28, 2006 5:11:45 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] more on Google and 'neutrality' hypocrisy

Dave:

An amendments introduced by Sen. Olympia Snowe R-Ore. considered by the Senate Commerce Committee to the communication reform act to legislate a concept known as net neutrality was struck down by a vote of 11-11.

Excepting Snowe the only republican to join democrats voting for the amendment, the vote was split along party lines.