Interesting People mailing list archives

"Welcome to the CIA"

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 14:36:23 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Ross Stapleton-Gray <amicus () well com>
Date: June 19, 2006 2:01:44 PM EDT
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>, "johnmac's living room" <johnmacsgroup () yahoogroups com>
Subject: "Welcome to the CIA"

A letter from a retired CIA case officer to incoming CIA Director Hayden:
http://www.fpri.org/enotes/20060608.americawar.jones.welcomecia.html

This is the sort of thing that really makes me proud to have been there, whatever its (sometimes many) faults: it hires folks who can think and communicate like this guy. Granted, he's also moved on, but if Hayden takes half of this most excellent advice, we can sleep better. (And I'm glad my tenure there didn't fall under the Goss years.)

Ross