Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Initial experience with Win XP VM with Parallels Desktop for [Intel] Mac

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 18:32:28 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: kris foster <kris () transitory org>
Date: July 10, 2006 6:27:43 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net, Steve Goldstein <steve.goldstein () cox net>
Subject: Re: [IP] Initial experience with Win XP VM with Parallels Desktop for [Intel] Mac

CURSOR CAPTURE: Your cursor is either on the Mac desktop or on the Windows desktop, and you can make the transition between each desktop seamless by adjusting parameters in Parallels--really easy to do once you know that you can do it. Otherwise, you have to hit the CTRL and OPT keys to "liberate" the cursor from the VM window.

Using the optional Parallels Tools (VM->Install Parallels Tools) allows for seamless pointer transition without the need to capture/ release the pointer. I've used this with XP only, I haven't looked into support for other operating systems.

Kris