Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Police Blotter: Laptop border searches OK'd

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 09:57:38 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "David P. Reed" <dpreed () reed com>
Date: July 27, 2006 8:34:21 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] more on Police Blotter: Laptop border searches OK'd

I am honestly curious - is it also perfectly fine for border guards to copy personal papers and notes?

In any case, I'd suggest that the disks on every corporate laptop be copied and delivered to the NSA, in order to determine if corporations are violating US and international data protection laws. (and papers should be scanned and sent to the NSA as well).

Since there is no need for probable cause, this is quite appropriate, and not doing such inspection imperils our security.