Interesting People mailing list archives

more on What's in that bottle : could be stuff to produce Nitro,sohow to wonder ?

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 07:38:41 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: pat hache <tercasa () prodigy net mx>
Date: July 16, 2006 5:41:17 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Cc: ip () v2 listbox com
Subject: Re: [IP] What's in that bottle : could be stuff to produce Nitro,sohow to wonder ?

Hi, Dave, and Ole.
just one tought about your unmarked deodorant you were not allowed to carry onboard. Of course the process seems ridiculous for many, but how could a screener determine on the spot what was actually in the bottle : tequila, eau bénite from Lourdes or some specific substance to be mixed with a few cc of another liquid substance the same traveler happens to carry in another - marked or not - container, but just enough - when mixed - for a terrorist to implose f.i. some door of a high altitude flying aircraft, killing all aboard?

Imagine a crazy idealist boarding a plane with a small bottle of one and another guy with a well dissimulated flask of such substance (suppose we know on (IP) wich one would be effective) and the two guys just organize the blend in the toilets or anywhere on board.....

therefore no liquids allowed on a plane seems a good precaution , except eye drops in small bottles, and even some powders for face makeup or babie's care should'nt ...

Patrice Herbiet S.
52-55 -  17.100.160
 fax        17.36.90.90
Mexico City