Interesting People mailing list archives

Looking for "futurists"

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 13:25:02 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Looking for "futurists"
Date:   Tue, 31 Jan 2006 10:05:21 -0500
From:   Baratunde <baratunde () baratunde com>
To:     dave () farber net

Hi Dave,

I do a bit of consulting work within the telecom industry to pay for my glorious comedy career, and one of my clients is interested in sitting down with a few "futurists" to discuss with them their vision of the future for US consumers looking out about 10 years.

This person should have a focus on consumer issues, a sensitivity to (but not necessarily expertise) technology and, preferably, not be totally off the wall (though a few of those are welcome). I don't have any references for futurists other than Google and would like to get to a bit more quality-controlled list. I figured IP was a good first stop.

Examples include Jim Carroll and Faith Popcorn, but there must be more who are reputable.

IP readers can contact me at this email address.

Thanks!

--
http://www.baratunde.com
- baratunde

buy the book, read the blog, catch a show, listen to the podcast!