Interesting People mailing list archives

more on more on [I agree djf] an accurate description of this behavior is unprintable in polite company

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 09:23:17 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jordan Pollack <pollack () cs brandeis edu>
Date: January 8, 2006 11:33:09 PM EST
To: dave () farber net, bob () frankston com
Subject: Re: [IP] more on [I agree djf] an accurate description of this behavior is unprintable in polite company

Its not only Microsoft. My Treo 300 simply collapsed before a trip, and I was sold a Nextel Blackberry 7100i by Sprint store. Its a nice phone, with GPS, and walkie-talkie to other Nextel's, but both the USB modem and bluetooth modem have been lobotomized so it can't work as an emergency modem like older IDEN phones or the 7100 from Tmobile or Cingular. Of course I dont know whether Nextel, RIM, Sprint, or collusion to minimize value of "unlimited" data is to blame.

Begin forwarded message: