Interesting People mailing list archives

more on "if you are not doing anything wrong, why should you worry about it?"]]

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 13:30:41 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [IP] more on "if you are not doing anything wrong, why
should you worry about it?"]
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 09:24:56 -0800
From: Rich Morin <rdm () cfcl com>
To: dave () farber net
<27DC3839-A6BF-4058-B00E-C4001E8719D5 () farber net>

At 9:52 AM -0500 2/19/06, David Farber wrote:
I can remember years ago, I heard FBI director Louis Freeh say
something that made my blood run cold.  He said, we will never stop
drug smuggling in the US until we can limit free travel within our
borders and American's aren't ready for that yet.

Our high-security prisons are far from drug-free.  How much
more restrictive than them would the general society have
to become in order to prevent drug smuggling?

Then again, consider the source.  Louis Freeh also testified
in Congress that DES was uncrackable...

-r
--
Technical editing and writing, programming, and web development:
  http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume

Contact information: rdm () cfcl com, +1 650-873-7841