Interesting People mailing list archives

more on IBM to give birth to 'Second Life' business group

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 06:32:34 +0900

Begin forwarded message:

From: Leon Kuunders <leon () kuunders info>
Date: December 15, 2006 8:04:00 PM JST
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] IBM to give birth to 'Second Life' business group

Hi David,

It seems to be that all these hight-tech companies that make a run into the
Second-Life MP game are burning marketing budget for just a few users.
Although the amount of users that have ever registered at SL is around 2
million, the number of active users seems to be quite small. During 'business
hours' around 20000 concurrend user connections are active.
I wonder how much is invested into the game and how that relates to income of
the avatars.

Cheers, --Leon.

Begin forwarded message: