Interesting People mailing list archives

more on NYT op-ed: Waiting for a Leader

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 16:35:45 -0400

[ or even a real terrorist attack on NYC or a Class 4 Tornado hitting Dallas (a real possibility) djf

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Kobrin, Steve" <kobrins () wharton upenn edu>
Date: September 5, 2005 2:05:26 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: RE: [IP] more on NYT op-ed: Waiting for a Leader

The response, or lack of it, to the catastrophe in New Orleans should
generate even more concern about our Government's readiness, willingness
and ability to respond to a pandemic of Asian Bird Flu which is a very
real possibility this winter.  It should be clear that each of us will
be more or less on our own.  How will all of the hard earned dollars
that we -- or at least the top 1% of us -- have been able to rip out of
the hands of government be of help at that point? Perhaps a faith based
response is being readied.

Steve