Interesting People mailing list archives

last note djfmore on "War on Terra" saves few lives, expert says

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 08:04:11 -0400

It is clear that this was an intelligence failure and/or a WH failure djf

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Gordon C. Thomasson, Ph.D." <gthomas1 () stny rr com>
Date: September 12, 2005 9:40:53 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] more on "War on Terra" saves few lives, expert says

Nobody could have imagined ... 9/11 ?

Sorry,
The G-8 summit in Italy of July 2001 was under totally restricted airspace (missile batteries, fighter cover, etc.) because of a reported al Kaeda intent to fly an airliner into the summit meetings. The Bush people were FULLY informed, trusted the Italians' security measures and GWB attended.

Hard disks siezed in raids on al Kaeda in the Philippines in the mid-1990s outlined suicide-plane mission plans, and Phil. Intel passed these along to the US at least by the late 1990s.

These aren't slandered as "Michael Moore" facts but have solid pedigrees and paper trails, and have appeared in many major media as well as congressional discussions. We just forget ... or spin ... as needed.
Gordon C. Thomasson, Ph.D.

Begin forwarded message: